|Job Details: |
Who We Are
Harris Insurance has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, goal oriented, Property and Casualty Sales Agent to join our team of career professionals. For over 50 years, we’ve been known for providing an environment which fosters growth and allows our employees to achieve their personal and professional financial goals.
Insurance is a service-related industry whose demise has been predicted frequently, yet the professional relationships cannot be overcome by various company’s attempts at direct marketing. Even millennials, who tend to avoid human interaction in sales, still seek advice when investing in insurance.
This doesn’t mean that the industry isn’t changing—it most definitely is. And that is where we want to adapt, continue to grow, and invite you to join us as an Outside Producer. You can set your own hours, work from anywhere, take advantage of competitive commission rates, and have endless room for growth.
In-house, we represent over 150 top-rated insurance companies and proudly assist more than 25,000 clients. Our philosophy is to embrace technology to engage the highest and best use of our agents and support staff which inevitably allows us to exceed our objectives. We utilize a proprietary in-house software that allows us to manage and track our workflow in a highly efficient manner. We currently close more than 55% of all new business quotes on a monthly basis. Management consistently focuses their efforts on improving this closing ratio as well as maintaining high retention rates.
With Harris Insurance as your anchor, we can provide you with critical support that will set you up for success. We have the systems in place for technology, marketing, quoting, as well as a large competitive market to allow you to write business throughout the state of Florida. We have everything you need, now, and want you to be a part of our team.
We are looking for individuals who enjoy working with clients remotely or in person if necessary. You must be able to prioritize, meet deadlines, be responsive, and communicate well with others. The day-to-day job includes:
• Networking and obtaining leads
• Preparing proposals and making recommendations
• Completing Applications
• Responding to client’s needs in a timely manner
• Growing your book of business
• Developing your own niche programs
• Setting your own schedule/booking appointments
We periodically offer sales and promotional contests for our Sales Agents and Staff that you will be encouraged to participate in.
• Holds a current Florida Property & Casualty (2-20) Insurance License
• 3 years minimum sales experience preferred
• Your agreement to produce insurance solely for Harris Insurance Services, Inc.
• Strong networking and sales ability
• A current computer capable of working online with access to MS Office, excel software, Internet
• A smart phone with a camera or scanner.
• Detail oriented
• Intrinsically motivated
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Outgoing personality
• Highest commission split in the business (new and renewal)
• Multiple options for Book of Business transfers
• Unlimited growth potential
• Experience and abilities will be given specific consideration.
Harris Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment and support a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Commission