|Job Details: |
This position provides the opportunity for motivated individuals to obtain industry experience working in a sales & customer support role while preparing and training to become a Licensed Insurance Sales Agent. Paid classroom and hands-on training is provided to assist trainees in the active pursuit of his/her State Property/Casualty and Life Licenses. Individual will assist customers, complete marketing activities and help with all office functions under direct guidance of an Agent or Lead Sales Agent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
• Prepare to become a licensed agent through attending appropriate courses, self-study, participation in training activities and job shadowing of agents to learn skills and accumulate experience
• Provide general clerical and administrative support to staff including handling inbound and outbound phone calls, reports, filing, researching and gathering information, and maintaining overall appearance of sales office
• Assist customers with general questions, receive customer payments, issue receipts and verify balance/daily reports of receipts for cash drawers
• Complete marketing & sales related activities which further the Direct brand in the local market (outbound marketing calls, car dealerships visits, local events, distribution of flyers, etc.)
• Contact customers regarding account status and renewals
• Prepare and send information to customers and lien holders
• Read and remain current on company guidelines, announcements, memos and bulletins related to company policy and procedure
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Ability to acquire Property/Casualty and Life/Health licenses as part of our training program within 60 days of hire
• Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service and develop and maintain customer relationships
• Friendly, outgoing, and positive personality
• Highly motivated to market and sell in multi-product environment where cross selling and customer retention is essential to sales budget attainment
• Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with internal and external clients at varying levels within the organization
• Experience or strong willingness to develop key relationships and market our products within community organizations and the local business community
• Valid U.S. State-issued driver’s license
• Strong computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office applications
• High level of initiative, drive, or desire/openness to learn new skills and information
• Bachelor Degree
• Some prior customer service or sales experience required. Retail Sales/Business-to-consumer sales experience
• Previous successful experience working in a position with sales quotas/targets
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of insurance laws, regulations and processes, ability to analyze and interpret insurance policies and insurance coverage and/or experience in working in a compliance and regulatory environment
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A– (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct Auto, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
• Paid Training
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
• Wellness Programs
• Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401k w/ Company Match
• Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
• Employee Discount Program
• Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
• On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
• On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
• Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas. In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.