Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where do you hold classes?
A: At our main campus, 13246 38th Street N. Clearwater, FL 33762. Classes
can be attended via Classroom or Webinar. In addition, we also hold classes Online
and at other various locations around the state of Florida depending on the course
desired. See our course schedule for a location near you. All classroom and webinar
course start and end hours are Eastern time (EST/EDT).
Q: What is the age requirement in order
to get a Florida Insurance License?
A: An individual must be at least 18 years of age in order to sit for the
Florida State Licensing Exam’s.
Q: Does Central Insurance School offer any Surplus Lines Pre-licensing classes?
A: Surplus classes are not currently being held. However if you are interested,
please contact the school for the sign-up sheet.
Q: I’ve taken the CPSR, PCSR or PCA designation
programs. Where on the Department of Insurance application do I indicate that I
currently hold a designation?
A: Question #5 on the application will ask if you have received any of the
following designations (it will list out the designation). Check the Yes
Q: Are there continuing education classes offered
A: Several classes have been designed and are being offered or will be offered
in the near future. Click "Online Courses" on the navigation bar.
Q: Are there online classes available for pre-licensing
A: At this time, the online pre-licensing class we offer are:
- General Lines Agent (2-20) - 200 Hour Online course
- Personal Lines Agent (20-44) - 60 Hour Online course
- Life & Annuity Agent (2-14) - 40 Hour Online course
- Health Agent (2-40) - 40 Hour Online course
- Health, Life, Annuities & Variable Contracts Agent (2-15) - 60 Hour Online course
All other classes offered are for continuing
education credit hours.
Q: What do you do with my personal information from my account?
Q: I signed up for a Webinar. How do I access it?
- At least 15 minutes before the start of the course, go to the Central Insurance
School Website homepage (www.centralinsuranceschool.com).
- Select the "Sign In" link on the navigation bar.
- On the Log In page, sign in using your personal email address and your password.
- On your Profile Page, click the "Scheduled Courses" tab.
- In the Courses grid, click the "Go To Course" button for the appropriate course.
Q: If I have a criminal history, can I still get a Florida Insurance License?
A: A past criminal history does not necessarily mean you cannot obtain a license. The nature of the offense and how long in your past are considered. You can check here for more information on the Department's website. You can also call the Department at (850) 413-3137 and speak with someone about your specific situation.