|Job Details: |
Position: Insurance Agent (Agent)
Reports to: President Pineapple Insurance Tampa Bay
License required: Personal Lines Only - 2044, General Lines Agent 220
The Agent is responsible for building (growth), developing and managing an insurance book of business. The Agent also needs to service insurance customers by analyzing their insurance needs, evaluating options, and offering tailored insurance solutions. The Agent is responsible for identifying new insurance prospects and nurture existing customer relationships and to promote the agency. The business focus of Pineapple Insurance is personal lines. The agent may transact additional lines of business (Commercial Lines, Life Insurance) with prior manager approval and with appropriate state insurance licensing requirements and company appointments.
• Identify customers’ unique insurance needs and potential risk exposures through discussion with the client. Leverage your product knowledge, prior insurance experience and knowledge of the various companies insurance products to meet the needs of the client.
• Develop coordinated insurance plan, quote rates for immediate coverage action and implementation.
• Identify and develop insurance prospects and appropriate markets
• Market, service and promote the Agency’s products and services and work to retain customers, expand the number of insurance products per client household and build referral contacts.
• Service/manage existing customers including analyzing the needs of the customers, evaluating, researching and answering questions regarding coverage, and determining the most suitable product for the customer; identifying concerns, external competition, exposure changes and additional coverage need.
• When needed, assist existing customers through the renewal process with strong communication and market knowledge. Educate customers on policy/product features, advantages and disadvantages. Remarket accounts as necessary.
• Independently develop and maintain strong knowledge of the marketplace and strong relationships with the company representatives, underwriters and service personnel. If no coverage is available or acceptable to the client in the admitted market, investigate risk placement alternatives in the non-admitted markets, if available.
• Prepare submissions and terms with selected carriers. Review all quotations as to the best options for price, coverage, risk and service requirements. Manage quotes, proposals to customers, and bind coverage with insurance carriers within agency authority.
• Leverage Agency’s systems to transact business with clients, ensuring appropriate documentation of client interactions during any sales or service interaction.
• In all processes, refer to the Agency’s Policy and Procedures Manual as needed.
Secondary Responsibilities and duties:
• Collaborate with agency personnel to provide feedback on customer, carrier, Agency systems or market conditions.
• Handle telephone calls, service requests, or in-person visits from customers pertaining to their individual risks or coverage requirements, claims, new business, referrals, remarkets and additional lines of coverage.
• For all applicable accounts, ensure that all renewals and all requests for changes, endorsements, etc. are properly implemented and comport with the various company, legal and statutory requirements.
• Attend required company specific training for systems, product, market issues.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Position will primarily work from home. Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends to ensure client expectations are achieved.
• There is possible travel to meet clients to explain coverage or address policy related questions.
• There is possible travel that may be required to attend business meetings, training or industry seminars with key partners, carriers, key referral sources.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Perform duties independently with little or no supervision. Decisions are made within general agency constraints, insurance laws and require independent decision making.
• The position involves daily contacts with customers and carriers, which encompasses information exchange, problem solving, quoting, and or negotiation, significant contact with customers or their representatives to collect information on any changes to the customers characteristics and to analyze the customers exposure and tolerance to risk, as well as review coverage options and risk management/prevention strategies.
Education: High school education or equivalent. 4 year college degree is preferred.
Experience: Prior insurance or financial services sales experience required
Specialized Skills, Knowledge or Licensure: Possess or pass the requirement to be a licensed insurance agent
• General Agent – FL 220 License
• Personal Lines Agent – FL 2044
Continuing Education and Training: As required by applicable statute and regulations.
Other Relevant Remarks:
This position description provides the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. The position description is not intended to act as and does not create a contract of employment between the Agency and the individual employee. The agency reserves the right to change this position description at any time within its sole discretion.